Sunday 9 October 2011

Razzle Dazzle

I'm finally back playing poker again, after a long summer hiatus... and this time I mean business - small business, maybe; but business nonetheless!


I've decided to go back to basics - which for me means (a) Cash Stud, in particular Stud Low or Razz, as it is known for some reason[!], and (b) 8-Game mixed poker tournaments. Armed with a mighty $10 deposit on Pokerstars, I've given myself a strict plan of operation for the next couple of weeks:-


1. Playing micro-stakes Razz $0.04 / $0.08 ($1.60 buy-in for me) to earn enough to enter tournaments whilst (hopefully) still increasing my BR slowly.


2. Playing $2.20 8-Game tournaments, using any winnings to increase my BR further, and to hopefully [eventually] enable me to move up to the $0.10 / $0.20 Razz tables.


Things kicked themselves off very nicely, with a 5th place finish from 86 runners, in my first 8-Game tournament - taking down a gigantic prize of [just] over $10, and small wins on my first six sessions of Razz. My second tournament brought things back down to earth with a terrible 59/69 performance - perhaps things weren't going to be as easy as they had seemed!


So far I've stuck to the plan for a week. My cash game performance looks like this:-
















The downwards bump around session 14 was an off-plan game of PLO on the Hendon Mob Forum Home Games table - I doubled my buy-in and needed to leave... I made the infamous 'one more hand' speech at the table, and *BOOM* I got Bogus'ed!


I have to wonder how long I can remain disciplined, and stick with the plan... who knows, I may be able to make another week?!



No comments:

Post a Comment