Saturday 10 March 2012

Flip Mode Squad

Flip Mode Squad, '98
Raw Deluxe, Check it out y'all
Busta Rhymes, Fire it up / Turn it up Remix

I've played a couple of nice cash sessions on Genting Poker recently. A couple of weeks ago, I found myself at a 'nice and easy' table with a couple of 'new' players on it - Joe BeeversBarny Boatman and Ross Boatman of The Hendon Mob!



Anyway, last Thursday evening, I had about fifteen minutes to spare, and I noticed that a couple of the regular players from The Hendon Mob Forum were playing No Limit Hold 'em, so I dropped in for a couple of hands, and loaded up £5 to give myself a whopping 20 big blinds!

Bogus (IFlipUhaha) was playing, and we ended up doing some flips [for kicks]... it went 'quite' well for me. We got things started off when I was holding A6 - 'flip?' suggested Bogus. I agreed, and shovelled in my stack to see AK in my opponents hand. Nice - all-in and dominated - it was to be a foreshadow of later hands - but this time things turned out as they should, and my stack slid over to my opponent.


I re-loaded another £5 (last of the big spenders), and soon enough Bogus suggested flipping again. This time I had Ace Ten suited in my hand, so I agreed - pushing my chips in to see Ace Queen in my opponents hand this time! I was already dominated, and my opponent made two-pair on a flop which also gave me a flush draw... the third diamond on the turn evoking a manic fist-pump in my front room!


A few hands later we agreed to a third flip. Yet again I turned my hand over to see I was dominated by my opponent. Yet again I edged ahead with another unaccountably lucky board for me!


We then played a few hands where we managed to get to the flop without putting our entire stacks in the middle. This hand providing another double-up, with yet another flush completing on the turn. I was now officially 'on a run'... and it's definitely best to run with these things when they happen!


Everything was going my way now - I hit two-pair on the flop in this next hand, and the [ice-cold] deck decided to drop my opponent a lower second pair to ensure the money went in again:-


By this time, I'd run my 20 big blinds to over 200 big blinds in little over ten minutes, but I needed to pack-up and didn't want to look like I was hitting the table and running. 'I'm heading off in a minute', I informed the table, 'time for one more flip?' I suggested. Bogus agreed and suggested we just play the next hand all-in. Well... I hadn't loaded up with much money, and easy-come is easy-go in poker. I was dealt King Three off (a mighty hand to go to war with) and pushed my stack into the middle. My opponent called and turned over Ten Two off - I was ahead for the first time when flipping! Five blanks later I collected my final [almost] double-up to scoop a nice £100+ pot.


An unbelievably lucky run for me - not bad for fifteen minutes work! My apologies (of course) go to Bogus - who is a total legend and unrelenting to play poker against.

I'd rather be lucky than good
Vernon Louis 'Lefty' Gomez


No comments:

Post a Comment