Monday 13 February 2012

Double Quads and Half Measures

It's been a long time since my last post, with very good reason - I've had NOTHING to write home about, let alone on the interweb.

I've been playing The Hendon Mob Forum League regularly since Xmas, with little to show for it - in the last 8 games I've played, I've scored a total of 10 points for a single 11th place finish. Slipping [deservedly] out of the top 20, and ending up at the point where even friends from the forum have started to comment that my play has been 'erratic' [a polite paraphrase on my part!]

I was also given the opportunity to play in four of the recent TCOOP events on pokerstars, with the generous blessing of my backers. I chose to play the four stud events - Triple Stud, Stud, Stud Hi/Lo and Razz. I had high hopes for these events, which were a higher buy-in than I would normally play in, but despite being really happy with the way I played, I ended with a single cash for a minimal $55 which didn't even cover my buy-ins.


I've not played a huge amount of tournaments, other than the TCOOPS, since Xmas - partly due to a[nother] laptop explosion (Merry Xmas), and partly due to a worrying lack of confidence in my tournament play - something that's not really affected me before, but is starting to become a worry. I did have a half-decent result last night – taking second place in a $5.50 Triple Stud for $47.50 – despite being down to 1/3 of a Small Bet at one point, with about 14 players left! That was a real back against the wall defense – although I did get fairly lucky winning the following hand when I was all-in with the bring-in!!


I’ve also been playing a cash game on Genting Poker with several of the regulars from The Hendon Mob Forum. The stakes are way above my bankroll – let’s face it anything other than $0.01 / $0.02 is above my bankroll – but I consider it really good opportunity learning from such experienced players. Twice in the past three weeks, I’ve had really nice results coming away from the table with 11 buys-ins playing Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, and 8 buy-ins playing Pot Limit Omaha.

Of course… it helps when you hit quads twice in one session - Happy Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment