Wednesday 11 May 2011

Back to the Grind

Well folks - since I last wrote, I played out both of the Hendon Mob Forum league play-offs that I'd qualified for.

I managed a decent showing in the runners-up play-off, taking an aggressive line; although I was never able to get maximum value from any of the hands I was involved in - mostly due to the quality of the competition, I suspect - and bust-out in ninth place.

The loyalty freeroll, which I played the following evening, was a total disaster! I think I tried too hard from the start, and ended up chasing losses, badly.


















At a bit of a loss what to do next, I've spent the last week playing 8-Game, H.O.R.S.E., PLO8, Stud8, and Razz for cash; at limits that my bankroll most definitely doesn't support ($0.10 / $0.20) - great fun, but a losing game - especially as I couldn't seem to concentrate on one game and kept flitting between formats, looking for a win.

So... after an exhilarating week of fun, I've now decided to give my [much battered] bankroll a bit of a rest, and have returned to the very beginning...



















You guessed correctly, Einstein - it's back to the the heady heights of $0.01 / $0.02 Hold 'em for me!


















(1) Yes, it's boring; and (2) Yes, it's full of disrespectful upstarts, that are constantly looking-me-up with such utter trash, that it's only slightly ahead of my trash; but (3) it may help my BR recover (albeit slowly); and (4) I've got to admit it - my game has been getting sloppy over the past week, and it really is time to get back to basics.

After having exploded yet another laptop recently, I've now downloaded Hold 'em Manager again, and am gonna start working on all the basics that have been slipping - bet sizing, positional play and hand reading.

I'll post some numbers up once I've managed to get my first 1,000 hands in, and let's hope I can show a decent return at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck mate, as my blog(or lack of) suggests I haven't really played poker. I did fire on some SNG's the other day, coming out ahead on the tiny sample size. Like you, I'm not sure what I want to play. I tried to stick to playing .01/.02 but I think it got the better of me and I just stopped playing. I really would to stick at it and advance through the limits organically, but I think I need a break from the micro donk grind. I would like to think SNG's were a good route, but I'm fairly sure I would get higher, and better by playing cash.
    Anyway, enough of my spraff on your blog, good luck :D

    ReplyDelete