Wednesday 13 April 2011

Getting back on the H.O.R.S.E.

I went into last nights Hendon Mob Forum league game, on the back of some half-decent form (finally!). We played H.O.R.S.E. last night - which is a mixed game format of :-

Limit Hold'em, Omaha Hi/Lo split, Razz, Stud and Stud Eight or Better

Which is where the name comes from!

You may remember that the last time we played H.O.R.S.E. I made it to heads-up before going out in second place - so I was eager to make it one better last night. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go all the way - but I did manage to make the Final Table before going out in fourth place. A nice result overall, even if a little disappointing at the time. Eighteen additional points has taken me up to 18th position in the League Table.

I managed to play well, despite having a succession of poor cards. It's in the nature of a mixed-game format that you are far more likely to get 'rolled-up' aces (three of a kind on third street) playing Razz, than in Stud!

I'm not 100% certain, whether last nights result will be enough by itself to keep me in a position for a second WSOPE play-off place, by the end of the league, but it will definitely have helped. There are just two more games remaining before the play-offs - a Double Stack PL Omaha, and a Triple Stacked NL Hold 'em. One decent result from either of those would almost certainly guarantee me a second play-off place.

I may be a long way away from living the dream, but at least I'm still dreaming it!

No comments:

Post a Comment